autodoc_2000
autodoc_2000, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech w/ Advance Engine Performance
157591

2006 Mazda 3 i: that was purchased new in the state of Utah, but I

Customer Question

I want to buy a 2006 Mazda 3 i (2.0 L engine) that was purchased new in the state of Utah, but I will need to register it in California (my state). Does this Mazda 3 meet Calif. emissions standards?

T. XXXXX XXXXX
Category: Car
Expert:  autodoc_2000 replied 7 years ago.
It could be California emissions or Federal. The easiest and most accurate way of checking is to open the hood and look at the Emission decal. It will say if it is California or Federal. There are alot of vehicles purchased accoss the country that are California emission compliant. Just check the sticker and you will know.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

The car is not available to me. I'm tring to figure this out to see if it is worth my time to go see the car (a 1.5 hour drive).

You can call the seller and see if they will look for you. As long as it says California Emissions it is ok.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

The owner is unavailable (a long story). I will contact a Utah Mazda dealer and ask them directly.

Sorry, but you did not answer my question. Thanks anyway.