JacobTD
JacobTD, Mechanic
Experience:  12 Years First hand
19108227

2000 f150: with a lift kit (not sure..rebuild..freeway..engage

Customer Question

I have a 2000 f150 with a lift kit (not sure that matters). The transmission recently went out and I took it to a shop about 2 weeks ago.They rebuild transmissions The first day it started acting up, I got off a freeway ramp after about an hour drive and at the stop it rolled backwards and would not engage in gear for about a minute and finnaly slammed into gear. It seem to do ok after that but I took it back to him but he could not duplicate the problem. Yesterday after a long day of hauling a lawn mower trailor with a lawnmower ,about 1500 ttl pounds it was going in and out of gear all the way home, well it would rev up to about 4000 rpms than slam into gear and repeated this over and over. I am dealing with a guy with not such a great reputation I found out after the fact. He told me today after I describd the symptoms that since I use it for work and he is backed up right now maybe I should just keep driving it until he thinks he can fit me in. what can i do
Category: Car
Expert:  JacobTD replied 7 years ago.
That is very serious. you need to take it to someone else. Unless for some reason its the trans comp, but usally not. are you sure he even did anywork on it?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I am pretty sure he did something it was slipping realbad when i took it to him. While were talking is hauling 1500 to 2000 lbs enough to turn off overdrive
Expert:  JacobTD replied 7 years ago.
to turn overdrive off? no not really. I need to look something up and ill get back to you. have you checked for recalls
Expert:  JacobTD replied 7 years ago.
when you were on the free way ramp were you facing up or down hill?