Tom, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician

2001 Saab 9-3 Viggen: electrical issue..front driver seat

Customer Question

My 2001 Saab 9-3 Viggen just had a weird electrical issue - I turned on the key, front driver seat moved all the way forward and will not move back. All other seat functions seem to work but it will not move back
Category: Car
Expert:  Tom replied 7 years ago.
Ok sounds like the actual adjustment control switch is broken and stuck to the all the way front position id look at that switch first if thats ok it can be internal in the seat adjuster motor but start at the switch
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The switch still seems to work because the up/down (recline) works - only sliding backwards does not work. Passenger seat just fine. Tried pushing back with feet - no movement.
Expert:  Tom replied 7 years ago.
Ok could be that switch for the forward and back adjustment also check to make sure there is nothing suck in the seat track preventing to go back if they check out all good most lilely the forward back seat motor is bad internally