oliver, Technician
Experience:  schooled, trained, worked in industry for years. specialize in the odd issues

Mazda: highway changed down to go up hill..clutch..mechanics

Have Mazda T 4000 1996 traveling on highway changed down to go up hill would not shift had no previous problems. have replaced master cylender then slave cylender still cannot change gears unless motor turned off clutch and pressure plate look like new.
has all mechanics consulted stumped
Category: Car
Expert:  oliver replied 7 years ago.

i would look at the input shaft and the thrust bearing or bushing in the back of the crank, it sounds as if it is catching the flywheel and putting constant drag on the tranny input shaft, keeping you from shifting while the engine is running... i have that stump me twice now, so its something to check. let me know how it goes

if this is not helpful do not accept.