oliver, Technician
Experience:  schooled, trained, worked in industry for years. specialize in the odd issues

2005 Hyundai Accent: my 30,000 mile service done (approx 60,000 miles

I have a 2005 Hyundai Accent. I recently had my 30,000 mile service done (approx 60,000 miles on the car). It has been less then a week and every time I try to start my car it has taXXXXX XXXXXer and longer. The last time it took a good 10 seconds before I applied some gas and it started. Things done to my car include: Oil and oil filter change, serviced battery, replaced battery pads, replaced spark plugs, replaced air filter, inspected engine idle, rotated tires, adjusted tire pressure, performed brake inspect, cleaned and adjusted brakes, inspected park break operation, inspected lights, hoses, belts and fluid levels, dreained and filled coolant, drained and filled trans fluid, performed chassis lube, performed vehicle inspection. In addition I had my fuel filter replaced. Service was done at local Hyundai dealership. If there's a chance that they messed something up and I should take it to another mechanic, please let me know.

I'm also due for a new timing belt at 63,000 miles.
Category: Car
Expert:  oliver replied 7 years ago.

if they made any adjustments to the your engine or idle, this is suspect, also the fuel filter may be on backwards or have a leak that air pulls through, its not likely but maybe the fuel pump has started losing pressure and now the engine is freshened up and isnt getting what it needs to run. make sure the oil cap is on all the way and the air filter cover is secure, these would cause your syptoms. i would make sure the correct spark plugs were installed and that they were set to the appropriate gap. if there was no problems before you took it in and what you list is all thats done, it will be one of these problems.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Took it to the dealership yesterday, took about a day to figure out that it was a faulty o-ring in the oil filter they had installed.