Rixster
Rixster, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Owner Rix Automotive & Mobile Repair 27+ Years Exp. with all makes and models cars and Lt. Trucks
14064412

rear gate says it is open when it clearly is closed and locked.

The rear gate says it is open when it clearly is closed and locked. if I push on the door the lights and computer go off. I can not find any push sensor or button for the light gate sensor

HelloCustomer/p>

What is the year, make, and model of your vehicle?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
it is a 2003 Hummer H2
I am going to have an expert more experienced than myself answer this question. He will be with you shortly.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thank you ...

Hello! I'm Rixster...

It sounds like you may have an issue with the Door Latch Assy. being gummed up and not alowing proper function. These have a switch inside that turns on the dome light and that pesky "Door Ajar" light too.

You can sometimes clean this with a stream of pentrating oil and compressed air.

Spray it in all directions directly into the Latch Mechanism then hit it with the air in all directions. Do this several times. It can make a nice mess. The penetrant acts like a solvent and will clean out any dust or debris accumulated hendering proper function.

If this doesn't help you may need to consider replacing the Latch Assy.

I hope this helps...

Thanx! -Rixster

Rixster, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: Owner Rix Automotive & Mobile Repair 27+ Years Exp. with all makes and models cars and Lt. Trucks