Neal
Neal, Mechanic
Experience:  Auto repair pro and Mechanic on multiple makes.
17294534

metro: convertible..cyl..automatic that he says can be driven..Mileage

A friend wants to sell me a very sharp looking 1992 Geo metro convertible 3 cyl. automatic that he says can be driven anywhere. Mileage is 133,000.

However he says it needs a new TCM (automatic transmission control unit.) Would that be because the TCM would be cheaper to replace than rebuilding the automatic transmission & would be a way to get me to buy it? What do you think? Customer
A Geo Metro is not worth a whole lot and if there is a major problem it will not be worth fixing. I would get him to fix it first if he wants to sell it. Otherwise you are taking a huge risk.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
HellO: That is just about what I was thinking. If it is so easy to fix, why didn't he do it then sell it. The other tip off is that he would only try that on someone who was an aquintance. I could not drive just shinny paint. Thanx,Customer
Good luck on finding a car. Take your time and pick a good one.