Steve, ASE Certified Parts Specialist
Experience:  30 Plus years as a mechanic and parts/paint counter/Heavy Duty, NAPA NIAT Certified.

I changed the oil in my 2007 Suzuki XL7, but the change oil

I changed the oil in my 2007 Suzuki XL7, but the "change oil" message won't reset.

My name isXXXXX this is helpful.

In order to reset the oil life monitor on the 07 XL7, first set the display on the dash to display the oil life monitor and turn the key to the off position, then turn the key to run (don't start), press the accelerator 3 times within 5 seconds, then press and hold the reset (check mark key) until the display resets to 100%,
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I tried this, but it didn't work either. The display reads 0% oil life remaining, even though I have a new filter and new oil. Also when I turn on the key, it is still reading "change engine oil soon".
Don't lose heart, pumping the accelerator isn't required on all models, so you may be able to skip that part. Also, sometimes you may have to try the sequence without the accelerator several times before it is accepted.

Let me know if this was any help, and please click accept if I was able to assist.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

It finally worked and my oil life is at 100%. Thank you so much for your answers!

You are welcome. Happy to be of assistance to you.