Matt, Mechanic
Experience:  10yrs auto, diesel and small engine mechanics training and work. Diploma in engine repair.

Hello I have no reverse lights on my Hyundai Excel Year 2000

Hello I have no reverse lights on my Hyundai Excel Year 2000 I checked the bulbs they look in tact could you tell me if it might be the fuse I am having difficulty working out the configuration of the fuse box any help you can offer would be appreciated Regards Mary
If you can get help, take a voltage meter and test the pins in the light socket while the car is in reverse and on. Be sure to set the parking brake and have the other person hold down the brake pedal. If you are getting power, then it has to either be the bulbs or the socket holder. If there is no voltage at the bulb socket, then it could either be a fuse or possibly the reverse sending unit switch. Most fuse boxes have the fuse layout on the cover of them. If there is no fuse layout on the cover, try testing each fuse with the meter. If all fuses check out then it is probably the sending switch. The switch should either be located on the transmission at the shifter linkage or on the shifter column at the reverse location.