Scott
Scott, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Ase certified, 24 years, bumper to bumper all makes
12331040

Replace seat belt buckle, Driver seat, 2003 Mazda Protege 5 wagon

Customer Question

How to replace seat belt buckle, Driver seat, 2003 Mazda Protege 5 wagon
Category: Car
Expert:  Scott replied 7 years ago.

Pretty cut and dry, just follow the attached directions. Oh, and I also got ya pictures.

Hope this helps

Scott.

graphicgraphicgraphic

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Hey scott, the center console/cd storage/Ebrake covering is in the way. Also the seatbelt bukle assembly has a cover and there is a hole for the bolt. I cant get to it. I have new part but cant get socket into hole. Is there a special tool or do I need to remove seat or console?
Expert:  Scott replied 7 years ago.

Depending on what type of interior you have, some times the bolt can be reached by putting the seat all the way back {tall person posistion} If not, there are 4 bolts that hold the seat in place on either end of the tracks. This will afford you maneuverability. Slide the seat all the way back to unfasten the fronts, and all the way foreword to undo the rears.

WARNING: The underside of the seat has wire connectors for power seat motors, bolster air bags and seat heaters if equipped. Use caution when repositioning seat!!!!!

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Hi Scott, thanks it worked and i even got the wire plugged in correctly. Next time you might include that the seat bolts are covered by snap off covers, but then again even i figured it out. Now HOW DO I PAY YOU!??

I even added ten dollers but CANT FIND ACCEPT BUTTON!

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Here you go scott. Here is $19.Thanks again for your help!!

Robert

Expert:  Scott replied 7 years ago.
Thank you. XXXXX could help.