advance mechanic
advance mechanic, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  10 years experience with all cars and ase certified

1994 Cadillac: wont start..No crank, no click..Drove car

1994 Cadillac won't start. No crank, no click. Drove car to friend's house. There for 5 minutes, went to leave, no start. Internal lights bright during attempt, headlights don't dim.
If lights don't dim when ignition switch is turned that means you might have a bad neutral
safety switch or ignition switch.Or the igntion wire at the starter is loose.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
You look like me, literally. Is ignition switch bad when dash warning lights come on? Does bad neutral safety switch engage when trying the gear shipt in different positions?
Are you a mechanic? Because it can be the ignition switch even if the dash lights come on.
No. A car only starts in Park or Neutral. From what you explain to me your not getting a draw from the battery when you are trying to start the car which you should get.