Shopman
Shopman, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  20 yrs experience,certified in electrical,ac,abs brakes,fuel injection import and domestic cars

The passenger side rear view mirror popped out of the frame/box

Customer Question

The passenger side rear view mirror popped out of the frame/box when I clipped the side of my garage. The frame/box is fine and there doesn't appear to be any broken plastic on the back of the mirror or in the frame/box. Is there a way that I can snap it back into place by myself?
Category: Car
Expert:  Shopman replied 5 years ago.
Hi my name is XXXXX XXXXX i will assist tou withyour question today but first i will need to know what kind of car and the year it was made.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It is 2006 Range Rover Sport
Expert:  Shopman replied 5 years ago.

Yes you just push evenly on the mirror try to place your fingers over the plastic tabs and the mirror should snap back in to place as long as all of the tabs are in place this sould be a easy fix for you thank you for using JA if you have any questions let me know thank you for using JA.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Do I need to rotate the inside of the mirror so that it lines up where the writing is straight up and down before i snap it back in?
Expert:  Shopman replied 5 years ago.

When you lay the mirror into place do the tabs line up wih the slots on the plasic piece that you are talking about if not then you will need to rotate it so the mirror will sit in the housing right when you pop it in .

Shopman, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: 20 yrs experience,certified in electrical,ac,abs brakes,fuel injection import and domestic cars
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I can't get it in. There's not enough room to feel the tabs with your fingers behind the mirror. Do you think the dealership will charge me to have a service tech pop it in if I drive over there at a decent hour? If so, is Morning better than late afternoon? I appreciate your help.
Expert:  Shopman replied 5 years ago.
im not sure about the dealer you can try and you would be better off going in the morning you sould try a auto repair shop first you will get a better rate there. if you hold the mirror up like it goes in the housing do the tabs look like they are in the same position?