JamesH
JamesH, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Auto Sercive Tech
18180325

2000 Mitsubishi Montero Sport: It wont start..Camshaft

I have a 2000 Mitsubishi Montero Sport 3.0L. It won't start and is throwing up a P0340 code. Looked it up and it says that it's the Camshaft Positioning Sensor, Circuit Malfunction, Bank 1. I have looked it up and have even downloaded the PDF service manual for the car. No Luck. I don't even know the engine code. I need to know how to get to the CPS, so I can change her out if i need to. Someone help me please?
Here is the location

graphic

graphic
M.Crankshaft position sensor

graphic
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I have seen that picture, but is there a way to get to it. What do I have to remove to get to it, or is it clearly visible.

graphicgraphicgraphicgraphicgraphicgraphicgraphic
Thats all the steps with pictures they came out of order but page number is XXXXX the upper right. Let me know if I can do anything else sorry it took so long uploading all the information took awhile.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I was not satisfised by the answer that i got. the picture that was posted was not the correct location for the part. the pictures kept showing the oil cap on the valve cover head, which my car does not have. it has a OEM oil cap pipe that splits into the two. The pictures were to small as well, and far too zoomed in, and the other zoomed out, to really figure out what i'm looking at. Looks like the pictures i saw were ones of a 2000 Pajero Sport, which is the Euro spec, which is totally different than mine. I would like my deposit back! I'm sorry but your probably good at your job, but this hasn't helped me in anyway except for confuse me more.
You have to click on each image on the second answer. I verified these steps with another expert. Please let me know if you need furthur help.