JamesH
JamesH, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Auto Sercive Tech

How to replace a radiator on infiniti g35

Customer Question

how to replace a radiator on infiniti g35
Category: Car
Expert:  JamesH replied 5 years ago.
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:
-What year is your Car?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
2003
Expert:  JamesH replied 5 years ago.

Here you go if you have any other questions please let me know!

3.5L Engines

Click image to see an enlarged view

Fig. Radiator and related components-G35

1. Before servicing the vehicle, refer to the Precautions Section.
  2. Disconnect the negative battery cable.
  3. Remove the engine cover. Remove the undercover.
  4. Drain the radiator. Properly dispose the coolant.
    NOTE
    Be sure the engine is cold before draining the radiator. Do not allow coolant to spill on the drive belts.

5. Disconnect and plug the automatic transmission fluid lines, if equipped.
  6. Remove the air duct (inlet) and air cleaner case.
  7. Remove the bracket mounting bolt for anchoring the air conditioning lines from the left side, so that the lines can be moved.
  8. Remove the reservoir tank and bracket.
  9. Remove the upper and lower radiator hoses and the reservoir tank hose.
    NOTE
    Do not allow engine coolant to contact the drive belts.

10. Remove the cooling fan assembly.
  11. Rotate the two upper radiator mount brackets 90 degrees in the direction shown.

Click image to see an enlarged view

Fig. Radiator upper bracket location and removal-G35

12. Remove the two air conditioning condenser mounting bolts located in the upper part of the radiator.
  13. Remove the radiator by lifting it and pulling it in a rear direction. Disassemble the lower mount from the radiator core support center.
    NOTE
    Because the air condition condenser is onto the front lower portion of the radiator, moving to the rear direction should be kept at a minimum.

Click image to see an enlarged view

Fig. Radiator core support and rubber mounting-G35

14. Lift the condenser up and remove the radiator after disengaging the fitting at the front bottom surface.
  15. After removing the radiator position the condenser on the radiator core support to prevent a load on the air conditioner lines and temporarily support it with rope.

To install:

1. Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
  2. Be sure to fill the radiator with the proper grade and type engine coolant.
  3. Start the engine and check for leaks. Correct as required.

Click image to see an enlarged view

Fig. Radiator and related components-I35

3. Remove the undercover.
    NOTE

6. Remove the upper and lower radiator hoses.
  7. Remove the radiator fan shroud.
  8. Disconnect the reservoir tank hose.
  9. Remove the radiator mounting bracket.
  10. Remove the radiator.

To install:

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i try this way but look more connection on right side of the radiator maybe air conditioner?
Expert:  JamesH replied 5 years ago.
Yes since the core support is there is must be moved to the back. You wont lose the freon but just have to work it too the back being sure not to damage the lines for the ac.