rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

2002 Porsche boxster: Problem: Heavy white smoke from exhaust

2002 Porsche Boxter. Problem: Heavy white smoke from exhaust. looks like oil spill inside the exhaust. this is not just when starting the car... it's continuous and really heavy ... Is it a blown gasket cap? if so, is it something I can replace myself? and what parts do i need? OR Please provide suggestions other than going to the dealer as I want to keep the repair cost as low as possible!   THANKS
Category: Car
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 7 years ago.

HiCustomer

It certainly sounds like a blown head gasket by your description. This is something that if you have never done before and don't have all the right tools, a shop should do this. On this site, www.iatn.net, on the front page is a place for you to enter your zip code in the shop finder. These are all ASE certified shops in your area.

Thanks in advance for your ACCEPT and POSITIVE feedback,

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Hi, would you please provide answers to all my questions? I would like to do it myself, so I would need to know exactly what parts to order and how to do it. Thank you for your help and I will accept if you can provide me the answers. Thanks!
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 7 years ago.

Head bolts, head gasket and gasket sealer are the parts needed, and here are the replacement instructions for you, step by step.

Thanks again in advance for your ACCEPT,

graphicgraphic