Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.

2005 hyundai santa fe: the key fob but is not working..reset procedure

i have a 2005 hyundai santa fe, i have replaced the battery in the key fob but is not working - is there a reset procedure that needs to be followed? many thanks for any help offered..
Category: Car
Expert:  Pete replied 7 years ago.
Hello,some vehicles will resynchronize by either holding the lock button down and pressing the unlock button 5 times within 10 seconds and some will resynchronize by holding both the unlock and lock buttons down at the same time to relearn the transmitter.I did not locate a resynchronize procedure for this vehicle specifically,it may need to be completely reproigrammed to the vehicle and the special tools needed appears only a dealer would have as there is a special adapter harness that has to be connected to reprogram these transmitters,this cable was sent to dealers to be used for this procedure.Also make sure your battery was installed properly in the transmitter.I hope this helped,Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Hi Pete, thanks for your answer - sadly neither procedure works, although i have found that i can unlock (but not lock the doors) with fob, but have to lock again with working / spare fob.. Cheers, Phil..
Expert:  Pete replied 7 years ago.
if thisa is the case where you can lock and unlock with the good fob but only the unlock works with the other fob then this fob has a faulty lock circuitry in it and would ned replaced to correct this condition.Since it does work part way then I would definately suspect yu havew a faulty transmitter.Thanks Pete