jan73, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  ASE certified, 7 years of european high-line car experience

How do i disarm the alarm on my Land Rover Discovery II It

How do i disarm the alarm on my Land Rover Discovery II?It is in super lock mode and cannot start.
Category: Car
Expert:  jan73 replied 7 years ago.
What are the symptoms? Does it not crank when turning ign. key? Do all the door locks work?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

The red alarm light on the dash is blinking, I can turn the key all the way to the third position and then it is blocked. All of the door locks work. When i put the key into the ignition the hazards come on and the red alarm light beeps faster.

Expert:  jan73 replied 7 years ago.
Have youtried to manually lock/unlock the drives side door to see if the alarm can be disabled that way?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Expert:  jan73 replied 7 years ago.
OK. The car most likely has a drives side door latch assy.. There is a switch in that latch that is responsible for operating the alarm system. Unfortunately, when that goes bad, there is nothing you can do to start the car, it has to be replaced.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
How do i know it went bad?
Expert:  jan73 replied 7 years ago.
Based on the symptoms you're having, that is the case. I worked for Land Rover for 4 years, I had seen that problem several times on these cars. If the alarm would disable using the key manually, I would say there is a different problem, but if you're not able to disable it manually, the door latch is toast...