Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

95 Land Rover discovery...intermittant..becoming more frequent

Customer Question

95 Land Rover discovery. 1 year ago I started having an intermittant problem. It can occur anywhere from 2-3x per day to 1 time in 2 weeks -- but slowly becoming more frequent. Started 1 year ago. Sudden loss of power while driving. Acts like no gas. Have to keep pumping gas pedal to keep the car running. Usually suddenly clears up and back to full power after 30 sec to 1 min. Occasionally have to stop the car and wait 5 min, then good as new. Not associated with time of year, weather. Has never occurred first thing in the morning. Car is usually warmed up. Unsure what to do next. Fuel pump, filter, carb?
Category: Car
Expert:  jan73 replied 8 years ago.
Is the check engine light on, or has been on on the car?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Yes. For about 5,000 miles
Expert:  jan73 replied 8 years ago.
You're going to have to have to codes pulled from the ECU and go from there. If the check engine light is on and you're having these issues, it's most likely related.
Let me know when you have the fault codes and I'll help you from there.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Hi. Thanks for your answer. I go back and forth with this thing. Codes say O2 sensors. Will replace those. I don't see an accept button so I can pay you off but don't see one.