Scott, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Ase certified, 24 years, bumper to bumper all makes

2003 Kia Sorento: defroster or the A/C..happen when the car is idling.

Customer Question

I have a 2003 Kia Sorento and evertime I run the defroster or the A/C it makes a squeling sound while the car is in motion. It does not happen when the car is idling. Also have a broken button that the door closes up against to turn the inside lights off. I put a piece of cardboard over it last night to get the inside lights and the dinging to stop. Is this a factory item or is it something that I can buy at any auto parts store?
Category: Car
Expert:  Scott replied 7 years ago.

First off, the squeal, I see no mention of replacing the drive belt. When a belt gets old, and dry, {it is a rubber, like composite} they will tend to slip and squeal under load, like when the defrost is on.

Second, the door jamb switch. Hello, Kia Parts, may I help you. Even though you may find this a a local parts house, chances are real high it will cost more than the original. I do a lot of shopping around for my clients, and find that the import dealer parts tend to be cheaper.

Hope this helped.