Joe
Joe, Mechanic
Experience:  24 yrs exp. with automotive
13843461

Voyager: tune..oil change..reset for the check engine light..trick

My husband does our car maintenance (tune-up, oil change, etc.) but on our 99 Plymouth Voyager, he is unable to find the reset for the check engine light. Can you share this trick?
Category: Car
Expert:  Joe replied 7 years ago.
tell him to disconnect the neg. cable for the battery for 1 minute.. this should reset the computer..
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
He tried disconnecting both cables, would just the negative work if that didn't work?
Expert:  Joe replied 7 years ago.
if he's already disconnected .. which it sounds like he's already done then there is a constant problem which will not allow the light to go out.. i recommend having a scanner being hooked up so codes can be read.. then we can have a better understanding of whats going on... you can even have the codes read at an area autozone free of charge.. hope this helps... let me know how this goes for you..