jeffrey590, ASE Master Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician , Saab Master Technician w/ 35 years Dealer Experience in Advanced Level Diag.

My engine lite comes on for at least ten minutes..surges..misses

my engine lite comes on for at least ten minutes at a time the car surges and the lite comes on. i cant go over 50 or it runs and misses. what is causing this. i thought i got some bad fuell but its still doing the same thing after putting in new fuel
Category: Car
Expert:  jeffrey590 replied 7 years ago.
Can you tell me year,make and model of vehicle?
Also does the light flash,or does it stay on steady?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
the lite stays on for at least ten minutes or more but does go out. when the lite comes on the car surges and gets more power. but when the lite goes out the car runs bad
OK...You will need to have the engine management computer scanned for fault codes to determine the cause of the problem...this code(s) will tell you the component or system that is faulty and provide necessary information to repair it...cost should be less than $100 for diagnosis...jeffrey590