Neal, Mechanic
Experience:  Auto repair pro and Mechanic on multiple makes.

93 Town car: poping noise at 45 mph..fuel tank..fuel pump replaced

Customer Question

93 Town car will not start when hot, poping noise at 45 mph,recently purchesed, and it appears that the fuel tank has been removed and fuel pump replaced,heard fuel pump earlier, now when key is on nothing.fuel filter ok. also appears that the emergency cut off has been reset I could'nt reset it
Category: Car
Expert:  Neal replied 7 years ago.
As far as the not starting when hot, it could be your ignition module. Also the MAF sensor can cause problems like yours. As far as the fuel pump, listen closely as you turn the key on, it may only run for a couple of seconds.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
just came from the car, it started, and I also heard the fuel pump this time. it is not a case if the car being hot, it was not running nor was it hot earlier. it just would not start, and I didn't hear the fuel pump. i am really perplexed
Expert:  Neal replied 7 years ago.
Keep a close ear on the fuel pump now and see what it does next time it gives you a problem. While it is working it will be impossible to find the problem.