r hale
r hale, Technician
Experience:  8

2001 chevy tracker: a 2.0l engine I have a trouble code po 302

Hi. I have a 2001 chevy tracker with a 2.0l engine I have a trouble code po 302. I tried changing the coil, but that was not it. Could fuel injector be bad. How can I test it. Also the car has 130,000 miles and to my knowledge injectors are original.
Category: Car
Expert:  r hale replied 7 years ago.
if it is a missfire on that specific cylinder, then it could be several things happeneing. even though you replaced the coil you may still have a bad connection to the coil itself, also have u replaced the sparkplug yet? a good way to test and make sure it is getting spark is to remove th coil form the spark plug and put a spark plug in it and ground it to the cylinder head to make sure that you have spark. if you do id say that it is a good posibility that your fuel injector is cloged and needs to be replaced.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

The spark plugs were replaced in the fall of 2008. Is there anything else that would cause the cylinder to misfire? I am trying to keep cost down. I am leaning towards the injector being the problem though. I will test it like you said for spark after your reply. Thank you.

Expert:  r hale replied 7 years ago.
for some reason you may have gotten a bad spark plug i would try that first just change the one to make sure. and then after that go further into diagnostics, smell the spark plug and if it smells like raw fuel then you know that the cylinder is getting fuel and it is some other problem. from there i would check compression