Matt Mallard
Matt Mallard, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  15 years auto mechanical repair, 8 years auto insurance estimating, repair shop negotiations

2000 ford escape: 000 miles..45 mph..cylinder..the oil change done

I have a 2000 ford scape 99,000 miles. about a month ago my car start shaking like it wanted turn off when I push the gas to run above 45 mph. i decided to take to the mechanic and he said that it was a buster cylinder he change as well had the oil change done since i'm always on time with the services for my car. today as i turn the scape on it started like shaking i thought that it was cold so let it get warm . when I started driving it feel like it wanted to turn off and like shaking and i only had drove for about 1 mile. the light for the motor started to flash and it just went on . what can it be wrong with the car
Category: Car
Expert:  Matt Mallard replied 7 years ago.
Need more info here.
You stated a "buster cylinder" and no such part exists.
Are you sure about that?
I believe I know what the issue could be but need more info.
Is this a 4 or 6 cyl?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
is a 6 cyl
Ok, I'm going to have to assume that this is a 2001 model and that we are talking about an Escape?

Your local part store should be able to pull the diagnostic trouble code that triggered the light. If it is a misfire code which I suspect, then you likely have a bad coil pack. Each cylinder has its own coil pack and they generally fail in close intervals.
If it is the coil pack, you can get great deals in bulk on Ebay.
I even have some.
Did you have any other info to share or questions?