rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Automotive trainer
Experience:  38 years experience
12769047

2002 mazda b3000: v6..o2 sensor..drives..exhaust, i also hear my air

Customer Question

i have a 2002 mazda b3000 3 litere v6 with a manual and my engine light is on with obd2 code P0175, i have already replaced an o2 sensor for the upstream on that side, how do i fix this problem? it drives extremely rogh like it is choking out, and there is alot of gas coming out the exhaust, i also hear my air intake sucking harder than normal, it wont idle normal at all while cold, but idles a little better when warm, what should i do?
Category: Car
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 5 years ago.

Hi Customer,

It sounds to me like you have an open injector on bank 2. I would pull all the plugs out and look for the fuel fouled one This would tell you which injector won't stop pumping due to its' own defect or a computer that is keeping it grounded all the time.

Thanks in advance for your ACCEPT and POSITIVE feedback,

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
thnaks for the answer, however i have already pulled spark plugs on that side of the motor, and neither are fouled, when i push the gas down it sounds like its choking out, alot of gas smell, and when i let off it somewhat idles, so the injector being open could be it, but i wouldnt be able to tell when i pull the plugs
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 5 years ago.

I see, we know it's only affecting that bank, so it has to be that the PCM is commanding this. I would like to see the fuel trim readings , STFT, at idle, 1500 and 2500 RPM's. for both banks.

Thanks again in advance for your ACCEPT,

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
PCM? STFT? do you think it is a vaccuum line or could it be the mass air flow sensor? bank two trim reading is rich, it seems to me that the air and fuel mixture is off. how would i fix this?
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 5 years ago.

Powertrain control module and short term fuel trim. Sorry. The MAF would affect both banks, a vacuum leak would put out a lean code, not rich.. First get those readings for me and I'll tell you what to fix. It sounds like a defective computer so far. The A/F mixture is WAY off! Also, I can still help you after you've accepted!

Thanks again,

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
ok ill get the readings, but does PCM and STFT stand for, lol
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 5 years ago.

I posted it in the last post!

PCM= Powertrain Control Module

STFT= Short Term Fuel Trim

Thanks in advance for your ACCEPT and Positive feedback,