Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database

Saab: On the lighted panel where the clock and dte

Have a Saab 2001 9-5. On the lighted panel where the clock and DTE, are displayed I have a problem. only part of the info is displayed and the other remains dark. So, if it is 11:00, the display is 1 :00, with the other "1" missing. On the DTE, if the number is XXXXX the 240 has black like stripes through it. It's like a fuse that controls part of the numbers has gone out. Any ideas?
Category: Car
Expert:  Dan replied 7 years ago.
Those panels are known to fail causing part of the screen to not be readable. The only way to fix it is to replace. If you go to You can probably buy one used for under $100 and have it shipped to you. Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help. Thanks.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
how much would this cost for the new part and cost to have it installed --- approximate. thanks.
Expert:  Dan replied 7 years ago.
It takes about a hour labor to replace and the part new is about $300. Let me know if I can do anything else, thanks.