jeffrey590, ASE Master Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician , Saab Master Technician w/ 35 years Dealer Experience in Advanced Level Diag.

2006 Santa Fe: passanger side..strap..the mechanism..bench

Customer Question

2006 Santa Fe. My backseat (passanger side) can't be folded down beacuse the strap that releases the mechanism underneat the bench is stuck underneath the bench. What can I do? HELP!!!!!
Category: Car
Expert:  jeffrey590 replied 7 years ago.
UNfortuneately you are going to have to force your hand down between the seat and backrest and grab that strap...there is no other way to activate the release without pulling the strap...Try forcing 2 small pillows or similar down between the seat pieces on either side of the release and see if this will loosen up a little on your hand so you can manuever a bit better...also might try a helper with a smaller hand/arm who can get further down under seat to grab strap...I know this is a hassle,but its the only way you are going to get the seat released...jeffrey590
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
A small hook did the trick. Thanks
Glad to hear it...Thanks...jeffrey590