Eric Blandford
Eric Blandford, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Been in the automotive field for over 16 years, worked with Saturn, GM and Honda

2001 elantra brake lights wont go off.

2001 elantra brake lights won't go off. I had no problems with the lights until last night. I pulled the battery fuse last night to get them to go off. I checked all the fuses I could find (under the hood and behind the coin box) and can't seem to find one to turn the lights out. Am I looking in the wrong place? Also if it could be the brake switch, where is it located? I don't have an owners manual for the car and so far not doing well finding details on line. Thank you for your help!!

The problem could be the brake lamp switch has gone bad. The switch is located on the brake pedal and you can unplug it to turn off the brake lamps. Just look up the brake pedal toward the top and you will see the switch. The switch will probely have to be replaced to fix he problem.