Eric Blandford
Eric Blandford, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Been in the automotive field for over 16 years, worked with Saturn, GM and Honda
16705999

1997 HONDA ACCORD LX: DRIVERS SIDE WINDOW..ALL THE OTHER WINDOWS WORK

1997 HONDA ACCORD LX . THE DRIVERS SIDE WINDOW WILL NOT WORK AGAIN ( REPAIRED ONCE ) THE FUSE IS OK AND ALL THE OTHER WINDOWS WORK .. ANY HELP TO MAYBE WHAT IS CAUSING IT NOT OT WORK
Category: Car
Expert:  Eric Blandford replied 7 years ago.

What kind of repair was done to it before?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I BELEIVE THEY CHANGE THE SWITCH ( NOT SURE ) ALL I KNOW THAT IT ONLY WORKED FOR ABOUT 6 MONTHS ..AND STOPPED .. NEVER TOOK I BACK BECAUSE OF THE WINTER MONTHS ..
Well the fist thing I would check is the motor it's self. Remove the door panel and unplug the 2 pin wire on the winnow motor. Useing a test light you can put the light on one of the wires and move the switch up and down. If the light comes on when the switch is up or down that side of the switch is fine. Move the test light to the next wire and again move the switch up and down. If the light comes on both wires when you move the switch that means the switch is fine. If you only get on wire or none lighting up the light that means the switch is bad. You will have to remove the regulator to get the motor off and you can use jumper wires from your battery to see if the motor works at all. If it does then the regulator could be bad if not then the motor is bad.