Web Technican
Web Technican, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician Over 15 Yrs in The Field, From Estimates to Repairs.
17609065

1994 Cutlass Ciera: replacing the plug wires..knock..loose

Customer Question

I was replacing the plug wires on a 1994 Cutlass Ciera. I managed to knock a red 2-wire plug loose and I cannot see where it plugs in. I was on the top side of where the wires plug in.
Category: Car
Expert:  Web Technican replied 8 years ago.

It goes to the evap siolnoid down below the ignition coil packs.

Thanks

Tro

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I think I see what you are talking about - that is below the coil packs (at the back of the engine) and has 2 hoses coming out of it. That cable is plugged in. The one I knocked loose is on the top side of the coil packs. I comes out of a harness that goes over the EGR valve (as well as some other places
Well that is the only red plug in that I know of. there is three plug ins on the coil pack. one for the egr on for the tps. unless its a test connector.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I recall 2 plugs on the drivers side of the car (by the 1/4 coil). Where is the 3rd
connector? It is interesting that you mention EGR - the EGR valve was replaced today by a repair shop, so it is possible that they left it out. I would hope they tested it after they replaced it.
Passenger side of the coil packs is another. The connector for egr valve is not red it a black connector 4 or 5 pin.