Randall C
Randall C, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  32 years Foreign / Domestic Cars All aspects of Diag and Repair

2005 kia optima need all tsb for po 449 evap vent valve solenoid

Customer Question

Category: Car
Expert:  Randall C replied 5 years ago.
Hello, do you have a 4 cyl or v6 engine?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

what is the number of the tsb

2. what part descibed in this tbs that may by of concern #what do the last 2 digits on the ccv housing indicate 4. shoud you replace the ccv' 5 where is the evap canister located

Expert:  Randall C replied 5 years ago.
In order for me to see if I can lookup TSB I need to know the engine size of the car. LMK Thanks
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
the engine size is not given . Next on a 3.8 L, 2007 kia amati { GH} give me the entire tsb # : KT2008040301 this is smog test exercise
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i need the information today
Expert:  Randall C replied 5 years ago.

Model: Amanti [GH]

Group: Fuel System(14)

Number: KT2008040301

Date: Thursday, April 03, 2008

Area: N. America

Subject
2007MY Amanti (GH) PCM Upgrade - MIL On with P0110 (Engine - 039)

Description

This bulletin provides information related to a PCM software upgrade for some AMANTI (GH) 3.8L vehicles, which may exhibit malfunction indicator lamp illumination with DTC P0110, even though there are no system faults.

^P0110: Intake Air Temperature Circuit Malfunction

NOTICE: Global Diagnostic System (GDS) users should access the "NOTICE" function from the GDS Main Screen for instructions reguarding ECU upgrade events.

NOTICE:
^A fully charged battery is necessary before PCM upgrade can take place. DO NOT connect a battery charger to the vehicle during PCM upgrade. Make sure the blower motor is 'OFF' during PCM upgrade.

^All PCM upgrades must be done with the ignition key in the 'ON' position.

^Be careful not to disconnect any cables connected to the vehicle or GDS during the PCM upgrade procedure.

^DO NOT start the engine during PCM upgrade.

^DO NOT turn the ignition key 'OFF' or interrupt the power supply during PCM upgrade.

^When the PCM upgrade is completed, turn the ignition key 'OFF' and wait 20 seconds before starting the engine.

^ONLY use approved PCM software designated for the correct model, year and engine size. Failure to do so may create other driveability issues due to the use of the incorrect PCM calibration.

Effective Vehicle Information
^Amanti (GH) 3.8L vehicles from start of production.

Parts Information

Service Procedure

1.Connect the power supply cable to the GDS tool.

NOTICE: If attempting to perform the PCM upgrade with the power supply cable disconnected from the GDS tool, be sure to check that the GDS tool is fully charged before PCM upgrade may occur. Therefore, it is strongly recommended that the power supply connector be connected to the GDS tool.

2.Connect the USB cable between the Vehicle Communications Interface (VCI) and the GDS tool.

NOTICE: When performing the PCM upgrade using the GDS tool, wireless communition between the VCI and GDS tool is not available. Therefore, be sure to connect the USB cable between the VCI and the GDS tool.

3.Connect the Main 16-pin DLC cable (GHDM 241000) to the VCI.

4.Connect the Main 16-pin DLC cable (GHDM - 241000) to the OBD-II connector, located under the drivers side of the instrument panel.

5.With the ignition key ON, turn ON the VCI and GDS tool. Access the GDS vehicle identification number (VIN) screen and configure the vehicle using the VIN AUTO DETECT Function.

6.At the GDS Main Screen, select ECU UPGRADE from the menu buttons located on the bottom of the screen. Next, select Auto Mode, Engine.

7.Perform the PCM upgrade in accordance with normal GDS tool PCM upgrade procedures.

NOTICE: DO NOT attempt to perform a Manual Mode PCM upgrade unless Auto Mode fails. Always follow thew instructions given on the GDS tool in either Auto or Manual Mode. See table above for Manual Mode passwords.

8.When the GDS tool reports that the PCM upgrade has been successfully completed, click OK, turn OFF the ignition key and wait at least 20 seconds before attempting to start the engine.

9.Check for Diagnostic Trouble Codes using the GDS and erase any DTCs stored in the Engine and Transaxle control modules.

10.Confirm proper shift points of A/T units after reprogramming to reduce customer complaints of excessive shift shock and improper shift points.

WARRANTY CLAIM INFORMATION

Randall C, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: 32 years Foreign / Domestic Cars All aspects of Diag and Repair
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: I still need help.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i did not recive an answer for my first question on PO0499 vent valve solenoid 2005 kia optima 1. what is the number of tsb ,engine size is the same 2. What part is concern tbs 3.what do the last digits on the ccv housing indicate. 4 shoud you replace the ccv. 5. where is the evap canister. 6. after installing anew ccv , what action shoud be taken Time is running out
Expert:  Randall C replied 5 years ago.
I am sorry you did not receive answer to first question but you did the second. I had asked for engine size which was not supplied. The post is designed for one question at a time. At this time, too many questions are coming in I am not able to help with. I am opting out to allow another expert to assist.with your question. Good luck and thanks