Scott
Scott, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Ase certified, 24 years, bumper to bumper all makes
12331040

2004 Infiniti: suspension..cruising..noisy OEM..tires

My 2004 Infiniti fx 35 w/ spts suspension/tire package makes a lot of noise cruising at 70+mph. Switched from noisy OEM tires to far quieter Michelin Latitudes, which helped alot, and had the dealer reseal all the weatehr stripping, BUT STILL verrry noisy. IS this a common problem among fx owners with same package?
Category: Car
Expert:  Scott replied 7 years ago.

I have a customer with an 05 and he had a noise issue. We installed Cooper CS4's on his vehicle. It did turn out much quieter; however, you have to remember the the low profile of these tires are not helping the road noise. Less side wall means less cushion. He has the local spray in bed liner shop do his wheel wells. It did help, but cost him a little. As far as changing wheels to accept a tire with more side wall, DO NOT! The manufacture put out a TSB that prohibits any after market wheel on thes vehicle. I am to assume that there have been problems.

Wish I had better news for you, but sleek and sporty, sometimes there ls a trade off.

Scott

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
SPray-in bed liner. Hmmmm....Seems costly (whatever happened to the old z-bart days?) Have you heard of any results -good/disappoiinting-great with the things like FATMAT or other sound deadeners mats? Is this a waste of money relative the results obtained?
Expert:  Scott replied 7 years ago.

You'll get a slight difference, but mostly you'll have the warm fussy feeling. Look, like I said, you give up some creature comforts for sporty. Look at the bright side, it's not a Miata.

Scott.