rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975

2003 Infiniti g35: a battery drain problem I have been

Customer Question

I have a 2003 Infiniti g35 with a battery drain problem I have been ready up at and evidently there are alot of owners with the same problem. The dealership wont help and they will not do a recall. I just want to get it fixed. I have had four mechanics look at it and they dont know. Can you help?
Category: Car
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 7 years ago.

Actually, parasidic drains are very simple to find and fix. The Technician needs to isolate the circuit that is staying alive, (excess of 50 milliamps), at the fuse panel. Then start disconnecting the loads that are on that circuit one at a time until your milliamps drop to near ZERO. What most Technicians miss, is a computer that is not going dormant or "to sleep". This is very common, but the Tech needs to understand how to read the BUS LINES and when the modules are at rest. Some NODES/MODULES can take up to one hour to go to sleep mode.

Thanks in advance for your ACCEPT,

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Just wanted to let you know that it was taken to get the electrical check and everything is working normally. They couldnt find it and it was kept overnight. So that was not the problem.
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 7 years ago.

Then it's an intermittent problem that WILL return.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
What does that mean? Is it fixable?
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 7 years ago.

Yes, but the tests I suggested need to be done.

Thanks in advance for your ACCEPT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!