jeffrey590, ASE Master Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician , Saab Master Technician w/ 35 years Dealer Experience in Advanced Level Diag.

tornado: digital dash, speedometer and air condition controls

Customer Question

i recently bought a 1990 old tornado, from time to time the digital dash, speedometer and air condition controls do not work. what's the problem?
Category: Car
Expert:  jeffrey590 replied 7 years ago.

since these components are on different circuits , I would be inclined to think that you may have a loose ground in the dash...unfortuneately I dont have a schematic handy for this older model so you may need to obtain one ... Try the public library to copy...and if thats no good you should certainly be able to find one online....Judging from your description I dont think you have a failed component because as I stated they are on 2 different circuits according to my sources...jeffrey590
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
It's the instrument guage cluster. I had to have the original rebuilt, everything now works.
Glad you found it...Thanks ...jeffrey590