mazda master tech
mazda master tech, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  25 years ex. 15 years mazda dealer tech. ase and L1 recertified master state,safety, emi,crt

2002 Mazda millenia: the key wont go al the way in

Customer Question

I have a 2002 Mazda millenia and the key won't go al the way in. Also, the battery is dead.
Category: Car
Expert:  mazda master tech replied 7 years ago.
The key wont go all the way in the ignition lock? Can you turn ignition lock and nothing happens? You also need to do proper check on battery.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The key will not go all the way into the engine lock. It almost seems that something is holding it back. Can't turn it. Checked the hazard fuse, it looks to be ok
Do you have another key for this car that you can try? These are special lazer cut keys and they do wear out. If second key does not go in all the way you will need to get new ignition lock.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I've tried three different keys. The ignition worked prior to the battery going dead
Is ignition lock in proper off position? If keys will not go all the way in it will not turn.Please try a small amount of spray lube into lock cylinder to see if key will go in all the way.