David, Hot Rod Shop Owner
Experience:  10 years in automotive industry from oil changes to complete vehicle design and fabrication.
14937055

How do I reset my oil light on my 2007 Isuzu Ascender?

Customer Question

Category: Car
Expert:  Alan replied 5 years ago.
Hello trmiller, does this vehicle have the driver information center, or just a light?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

info center

Expert:  Alan replied 5 years ago.
OK, The info I have is for the 2006, but the 2007 is most likely the same. Press the fuel information button until ENGINE OIL LIFE appears in the display. To reset the monitor, press and hold the select button while ENGINE OIL LIFE is displayed. If this takes care of the problem please press accept. Thanks for using JustAnswer.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
This happened the last time my oil light needed reset and I had to put the vehicle in neutral, and step on the brake three times. I can't remember what order it was in and the time frame it needed to be done in. I just can't recall, I think it was 5 seconds.
Expert:  George H. replied 5 years ago.

Hello I will give you the information from the service manual

How to Reset the Engine Oil Life System

The Engine Oil Life System calculates when to change your engine oil and filter based on vehicle use. Anytime your oil is changed, reset the system so it can calculate when the next oil change is required. If a situation occurs where you change your oil prior to a CHANGE OIL message being turned on, reset the system.

To reset the Engine Oil Life system, do the following:

1. With the engine off, turn the ignition to ON.
  2. Press and release the stem in the lower center of the instrument cluster until the OIL LIFE message is displayed.
  3. Once the alternating OIL LIFE and RESET messages appear, press and hold the stem until several beeps sound. This confirms that the oil life system has been reset.
  4. Turn the key to LOCK.

If the CHANGE OIL message comes back on when you start your vehicle, the engine oil life svstem has not reset. Repeat the procedure.

If this works for you great if not you know where the opt out button is.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have tried this. The only stem that is on the dash is the one to reset the odometer. There is a series of brake taps and something else. I can't remember what order it needs to happen.
Expert:  David replied 5 years ago.
I believe you get in the car, turn the ignition to the in position and press the accelerator to the floor three times cosecutively with no pause in between. I believe this has to be done within 15 seconds.