Richard, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  12 years Ford Lincoln/Mercury Jaguar dealership as a technician and shop foreman reparing all makes

I am trying to change the heater pump on my 1996 lincoln town car.

i am trying to change the heater pump on my 1996 lincoln town car. i have already taken off the shroud, taken off the fan and remove the 4 bolts on the water pumpitself and i still cant get it off

Hello and welcome to

The water pump oring may be stuck inside the block. You can try prying it out or taping on the hub of the pump to remove it.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Man i beat on that thing like i dont know what any other suggestions. before i take my hammer to it
If the engine overheated that oring will get stuck inside causing the pump to be very hard to remove. As long as all four bolts holding the pump are removed you will just need to hammer it out. I've been in your spot plenty of times.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks alot man this sight is the best that has ever been. Because of you guy i can keep my car running good
Thanks For all your help

Your welcome.

Good luck and thanks for using