David, Hot Rod Shop Owner
Experience:  10 years in automotive industry from oil changes to complete vehicle design and fabrication.
14937055

work is necessary to make a 1999 isuzu amigo towable by a motor home ?

what work is necessary to make a 1999 isuzu amigo towable by a motorhome?
Category: Car
Expert:  David replied 7 years ago.
You will first need the towing kit ( I'm sure you know just mean to be thorough), then you will need to get a set of trailering light (like the ones tow trucks stick to cars they are towing with magnets) or you can have the vehicle wired to plug into your trailer wiring connector (very expensive), next if it an automatic you will need to remove the drive shaft, manual you can put in nuetral. If it is 4X4 make sure transfer case is in neutral or 2wd. For automatic you will need a cap for the rear of the transmission which you can obtain from a transmission shop. That just about covers it, let me know if you need anything else.