Mike, ASE Certified Master Technician
Experience:  19yrs Automotive and Bus experience. Owner/Operator/Tech of Auto repair facility

my son attempted to jump start a dead battery..terminals..turn signals

Customer Question

my son attempted to jump start a dead battery and crossed the positive and neg terminals, now no turn signals radio but majority of the items obv blown fuses what to look for
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike replied 7 years ago.
What is the exact year, make ,model and engine size of your vehicle
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

2004 suzuki verona v6

Expert:  Mike replied 7 years ago.
There are most likely blown fuses that you arent finding. There is a fuse block on the left side of the dash that you see when the drivers door is open, Just take the cover off. There is another fuse block in the drivers front area of the engine compartment. There is a main 120 amp fuse right on the positive battery terminal. Check Every single fuse and you will probably find a couple blown. If that isn't it you will probably have to take it to a shop do diagnose unless you are very good at electrical. But usually fuses are the issue.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
is it posible relays. I've looked @ the fuses
Expert:  Mike replied 7 years ago.
It is possible, But hard for you to test relays. If its not fuses its more likely to be a computer or a body control module.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

what approx (ball park) could I look to pay? at an auto repair shop or do I take it to the dealer

Thank you for your time

Expert:  Mike replied 7 years ago.
You would start out with a diagnosis wich would be between $75-$120 depending on where you go. If you know a good inependant use them. If not a dealer might be better but more expensive.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
there was a third area where power windows radio windows etc underneath near foot controls