mlappert, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  20 years exp. in foreign & domestic

2005 Subaru Legacy GT: Sedan..check engine light came..drove

Customer Question

Hi, I just bought a used 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Sedan and the check engine light came on shortly after I drove it off the lot. I brought it back and the person who sold it checked it and said that the checky-thing said the engine had "advanced" and cleared the light. It again came on today (one driving day after fixing it). Anyone know what this might be? Also, any thoughts about what the dealer is responsible for?
Category: Car
Expert:  mlappert replied 7 years ago.
The cruise control flashing is normal when the check engine light is on. That will stop when the code is cleared. Now, as far as your problem, being "advanced" makes no sense. There is no code for "advanced" engine. If you could get the code scanned somewhere, and give us the code number and/ or code description, I would be glad to help you further. Unfortunately, I think your getting the run around.