jeffrey590, ASE Master Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician , Saab Master Technician w/ 35 years Dealer Experience in Advanced Level Diag.

Somewhere..the drive belt to the alternator and under the hood

Customer Question

Around my drive belt, I got oil spillage somewhere that I can't find. There is oil from the battery to the drive belt to the alternator and under the hood where it is getting splashed. The belt is splashing it all over the place. Oil is also getting onto the alternator. My battery light came on and I'm thinking that the oil that's getting on the alternator is causing the bushings to give it a false reading. Where is my oil leaking coming from?
Category: Car
Expert:  jeffrey590 replied 7 years ago.
Greetings ezrida 46,

What make and model vehicle are we dealing with?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
It's a 2004 Pontiac Aztek Rally.
Expert:  jeffrey590 replied 7 years ago. pinpoint the teak you need to add dye to the engine oil, then clean off all the residual oil ok the engine and run it until you can see the origin of the leak...possible oil pressure switch on this vehicle...the dye is brightly colored so it won't be a problem locating such a large leak...jeffrey590

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks Jeffrey590 but I was hoping you might know without me doing that. You've given me all the help I need.
Oil leaks are sometimes difficult to locate especially when belts splash it all around...adding dye is very inexpensive and you can do it yourself to save money....jeffrey590