George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech 15+ yrs, AAS Automotive Technology, Factory trained Asian specialist

2004 Audi A6: used replacement -- as a new engine cover

Have a 2004 Audi A6 -- Somehow, the engine cover (bottom of car) has disappeared. I would think that this would be the ideal candidate in which to use a "used" replacement -- as a new engine cover, per the dealer , would cover almost $500. What are your thoughts and do you have a recommended approach that we should take?
Category: Car
Expert:  George H. replied 7 years ago.

Hello I will help you with your question,

If you can find one used that would be the way I would go but it might be difficult to locate one. or will show most of the wrecking yards in the country but this is not the sort of part that survives to make it to the recycler.

If you have have the oil changed or other service I would stop by to inquire if the undercover was left off and might be stuffed behind a toolbox waiting for your return. It happens more often than it should

This is listed as a noise insulation panel

Maybe check the service department of your dealer or their bodyshop, there might be one sitting around.

Let me know how I can be of help

Thank you