George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech 15+ yrs, AAS Automotive Technology, Factory trained Asian specialist
13574682

find out the wiring digram from the transmission up to under the hood.

I need to find out the wiring digram from the transmission up to under the hood. How it runs from what to what.
Category: Car
Expert:  George H. replied 7 years ago.

Hello I will help you with your question,

Part of the problem as you are finding is that KIA diagrams are poor at best. This is the transmission control system. If you need more let me know and I will see what I can come up with

graphic

graphic

graphic

Let me know what you need

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
As you know the repair manual for a kia is not what I would call a repair manual for the price that they make you pay it has nothing in it. I am use to the haynes manuals that you can buy for you automobile they really go into detail for you. Do you know why they haven't came out with one like the haynes manual for the kia sportage yet. And one more question if you will let me. Is their any manual out their that would even come close to what the haynes manual contains for the 96 kia sportage that I could purchase. If their is please let me know it would sure help in the long run. Thanks so much.
Expert:  George H. replied 7 years ago.

The best information available is a single vehicle subscription from AllData DIY. This is $27 a year and includes what is made available by KIA. Even KIAs own website has very little information due to the cost of producing and maintaining documentation for Diagnosis and operation of vehicles.

http://www.alldatadiy.com/buy/

Let me know if you have further questions

Thanks

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Ok now my husband say he is not getting any juice to the fuel pump, Now he just replaced the clutch and had to unstall the transmission to do this, well is their some way he could have messed up a wire when reinstalling the transmission. The car turns over and over and over but just will not crank. Any suggestions.
Expert:  George H. replied 7 years ago.

This is a manual? I gave you wiring for an automatic, the manual has very little wiring.

The fuel pump relay is in the underhood fuse block, use a test light to check pins #1 and #4 for power and pin #2 for ground while cranking. There is a fuel pump fuse in the passenger compartment fuse box if you have the correct power and ground while cranking.

graphic

graphic

graphic

Let me know if you can make these tests and what the outcome is