Doctor Tim
Doctor Tim, Technician
Experience:  20 years in the auto repair industry
16612617

2008 Mitsubishi Endeavor LS: AWD with 13k miles

Hi. I'm considering buying a 2008 Mitsubishi Endeavor LS AWD with 13k miles. I really like the car. However, it has a bothersome whine when driving at freeway speeds or when decelerating. I've found the whine on two separate Endeavor's at separate used car lots. Questions: Have you heard about this problem? Is there a fix for it?
Hi, and good morning. I have heard this bother-some whine in other, all wheel drive vehicles, and have found that it will diminish some over time. Its source is typicaaly from the trans axle, or transmission. This is due to closely meshed gearing. How-ever before you purchase this vehicle, ask the dealer to have a mechanic ride with you(not the sales guy) have him confirm that the noise you are hearing will not , cause future driveability problems. have them stand by their product.