Alex Armfield
Alex Armfield, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  I have 8 years of experience and specialize in high end euro cars.
10873596

kia sedona: headlight..my whay home i hit the brights lights and poof

my kia sadona headlight just went out on my whay home i hit the brights lights and poof they were gone how can i fix this

HelloCustomer

is it all the lights or just one? also is it both high and low beam?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
it is high and low beams all other lights work i went to turn on my brights and the headlights went out altogether

The fuse for the headlamps is located inside of the instrument panel fuse box, it should be under the dash on the drivers side. You'll have to bend down to see it. It should be the third fuse down in the third column from the left.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
my fuse collums run left to right and i have the panel door with me and none say headlamps on them and all the fuses i have checked are good what else could it say

If the illumination fuse checks good then you probably have a short somewhere. The headlights on your car are directly controlled by the FAM (front area module) This module takes low current signals from the headlamp switch and turns on the headlights. It also has protection circuits that will shut down the outputs to prevent damage to the module. The easiest way to find out the problem will be taking the car to a kia dealer to have them scan the FAM for problems. If you want to try it yourself, you'll need to get a volt ohm meter and start checking wires form the headlights back to the fam for shorts.

If you find none then its a good bet that the FAM has failed.