Frank, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  33 years experience,25 with GM,14 ASE certifications,

front brake hard the brake pedal to stop it

I just changed my back brake pads some months ago and the front brake pads seems fine, but sometimes when I am braking, I don't think it brakes fast. It rolls a lot before braking, and I need to press hard the brake pedal to stop it. What do you think is the problem? Is there something other than the brake pad and brake fluid( the brake fluid is full, or at its level). please i need to know before taking it to a mechanic. thank you.
Its either the composition of the pads or the finish on the rotors is not correct- The rotors should be almost glass smooth by now and DONT get the cheap auto zone and checker pads.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX do you mean by the finish on the rotors, what is the rotor? I got the pads from original Subaru dealer and it is perfectly fixed. The problem that I have is not a one that comes after I changed those pads, I have had that for a long time. Thank you again.

The rotors are what the brake ride on and grab-if you drive hard and make quick stops you need to get a different set of pads - a set of high performance pads-what you are experiancing is brake fad from heat .