Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE master, 30+ years. All makes and models. Trouble shooter, shop forman, service manager

I have a 2001 Mitsubishi Galant. I am changing the timing belt.

I have a 2001 Mitsubishi Galant. I am changing the timing belt. Where is the counterbalance shaft plug?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I already had the image. I still can't find the plug. I was told it was on the same side as the counterbalance shaft and it was 14mm. Right next to the shaft is the alternator. I have looked all around that area and I can't find it

Here is a better pictue, let me know if it is not in this location, thanks

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

would that be behind the exhaust manifold

It would be right there behind the exhaust manifold bout you should be able to see it from under the vehicle.
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
i think i found it but there isnt much room to stick a screw driver. Where i think it is. the exhaust manifold is in the way of sticking a screw driver
You might be able to use a 8mm allen wrench. It only has to go in about 2.4 inches. A 5/16 would fit in I am pretty sure. I know the design is probably for the engine without a car around it. (lol) but see how that does, I'll be back on in the morning, (gotta get a little sleep)