Kartman, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech with Advanced Level certification 30 yrs. Ford Factory training. Asian & Domestic

1996 isuzu rodeo ignition switch removal

Customer Question

Category: Car
Expert:  Kartman replied 7 years ago.
Hi and thanks for your question. I will try to give you all the help I can.
1. Remove the horn pad and steering wheel
2.remove the wiring connectors and tiestraps securing it to column
3.remove bolts from turnsignal switch and slide switch away from column, then remove the snapring and the bushing from in front of ignition switch, then turn the ignition switch to "ON" to unlock the column
4. then remove the bolts holding the switch lock assy to column. You might need to take out the bolts that hold column up under the dash to lower the column for access.
Then replace the needed parts and reinstall. Any further help needed please ask. Thank you for hitting your accept button!
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
On the lock cylinder I have bought if you turn the switch to off the lock pin will go in. On the bad cylinder in the vehicle the cylinder will not turn to the off position out off lock. I have thought of useing a screwdriver to break cylinder to off then I may be able to slide out cylinder?
Expert:  Kartman replied 7 years ago.
you could, damage the column is a possibility thoughit might be safer to drill out the tumblers.