Amedee, Former ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE certified tech advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector

Kia Sedona: electric windows..quit working..drivers door but that

Kia Sedona electric windows quit working. Tried to change control circuit on drivers door but that did not fix the problem. Hear clicking when switch is activated. Any ideas?

What year is your kia?

Do you know if you have power and ground to the window motors?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I have checked fuses but not sure where to check for power/ground.
What year is your kia?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

DO you know if you have power at the main power window switch?

You might have to pull it out (leaving it plugged in) and check for power with the key on

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I have done that. Power locks work and I hear a clicking sound when I activate the window switch.
the power locks are not wired in with the power windows. WHere do you hear the clicking sound? None of the windows work.... correct?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Neither front window works. I believe the clicking is coming from the relay on the control board with the switches. It might be coming from the motor but I can not figure how to access it. Can not get the door panel off.
I believe the clicking is coming from the relay as well. Is this a 4 door? DO the rear windows work? DId this happen all at once?
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
Yes, it is a 4 door. Rear Windows work but controls are in different area. I believe the divers window quit working at same time.

Well to diagnose it, you will need a test light or a voltmeter. You need to see if you have power at the main switch with the key on. If you have the correct power at the right terminals at the main power window switch, then you need to test each circuit individually. You will need to see if you are getting a power and ground being sent from the master switch to each of the front of the power window motors. You should be able to test this right at the switch.

If you need a wiring diagram, let me know!

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I do need a diagram. Also, do you know what voltages I am looking for, 12V? What if there is the correct voltage coming from the switch? I have tried a new switch circuit which did not solve the problem.

YES... you are looking for 12 volts (or close to 12 volts).

If there is 12 volts and a good ground coming from the switch then you will need to check it at the motors themselves. If there still geting the power and ground when you try to roll them down via switch, the power window motors are bad.

Here is a wiring diagram.

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I don't suppose there is a better diagram image anywhere is there? Much of this is unreadable. Also, does the door panel just pop off once the screws have been removed? I have tried that once and could not get it to come off.

The yellow wire and the blue wire with yellow stripe should have power to it with the key on.

Here are the instructions to remove the door panel. This is for a 2005, but it should be very similar. Yes, after the screws are out, the door panel just pops off.

Does this help? Did you have any further questions?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.
I will try this tonight and let you know how it goes tomorrow.

I hope this helps! You can always accept my answer now, and repost back again later on if you have any more questions. If you want to discuss it some more just hit "reply", it's free to do so otherwise don't forget to hit "accept" and leave positive feedback if you found my answer helpful.