Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

how do you change gearshift knob on a 2003 saturn Ion ?

Hello,do you already have the new knob you want to install and is it a factory knob you are trying to replace?Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The knob I'm replacing is the orriginal shifter, The I bought is after market that just slide over the shaft and conets with set screws.
by looking at the pictures and any kind of replacement procedures the knob on this shift assembly comes complete with a new shifter assembly and cannot be removed seperatly.It is probably glued in place and to remove it it may require carefully breaking it off of the shaft.I have checked my sites and both state that the knob assembly is part of the entire shifter assembly,so there is no easy removal of it.